If a developer company or an individual property owner wishes to construct a building in Dhaka city, permission from the concerned government authority is required to begin construction. In Dhaka city, RAJUK- Rajdhani Unnayan Kartripakkha has the development authority of the capital and approves building design and plan before the start of a project. Although the approval process is a bureaucratic and lengthy process, here is a guideline for the RAJUK Plan approval procedure.
There are several steps to follow ( at least two and minimum of four steps to complete )
1. Land use clearance ( applicable for the unplanned area )
2. Special project permit for large or specialized projects ( if applicable )
3. Building permit ( mandatory )
4. Occupancy Certificate ( mandatory )
01. Land Use Clearance ( if applicable )
At first, a Town Planning Application ( Form 101 ) has to be filled and submitted for Land Use Clearance as per RAJUK Town Planning in different areas of Dhaka Metropolitan city.
The documents required for this clearance include:
A ) 3 copies of the application form signed by the applicant
B ) 3 copies of 15 cm x 20 cm servery map ( scale 1:5,000 or 1:10,000 ) showing site map plan A in mouza map of location signed by the applicant.
C) Receipt of required Government fee deposited.
After this, a site inspection is carried out by RAJUK and a report with site related information is given to the Town Planning section.
The site-related information includes:
· Location of land
· Land use within a 250-meter radius of land
· Name and width of the nearest main road
· Name and width of nearest road connecting plot
· Existence of following within 250 m of the plot- main road, market, station, airport, historical structure, river terminal, etc
· Average road benchmark elevation
· Land use around north, south, east, west sides of the land
· Other important information
After a thorough study of the report by the Town Planner, permission is given to the developer company or applicant for a 24-month period during which plan has to be submitted to RAJUK.
02. Special Project Permit ( if applicable )
If a project is considered special or big which is determined by the Town Planner, additional information apart from the above-mentioned ones has to be provided for clearance.
( application form 201 )
The additional information includes:
· Proposed development
· Total land area
· Maximum ground coverage
· Total floor area
· Total number of floors above the plinth
· Total number of basements
· Total number of apartments for residential properties
· Total floor area
· Number of existing structures within the area
· Approximate total electricity requirement
· Approximate total water consumption
· Proposed project development time in months with a number of phases and duration of each phase
· Covered area of each floor of each type of use in a table
Along with the above information, the following documents are also required
( 1 set )
· Purchase ownership deed
· Relevant deed and permission if the plot has been government allotted
· Receipt of payment of the required fee
· FAR calculation
· Documents and drawings as per requirement
· Land use Clearance, if required
Similar to non-special projects, the report is scrutinized by Town Planner, after which permission is granted with a validity of 24 months during which plan has to be submitted to RAJUK.
If the building to be constructed is more than 10 storied or above 33 meters in height, then for RAJUK plan approval, Departmental Clearance from following 10 authorities are required by applying in plain paper with location details and related drawings.
1) Department of power division (DPDC) for electrical load requirement
2) Water and sewage authority WASA for water consumption requirement
3) Titas gas & Transmission authority for gas requirement
4) Fire service for fire safety drawing clearance
5) Civil aviation for building height permission
6) Department of environment
7) Dhaka traffic control authority (BTCA )
8) Dhaka City Corporation (DCC)
9) DCC Ward Commissioner
10) Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP)
03. Building Permit ( RAJUK Plan Approval )
After receiving Land Use Clearance ( if applicable ) and all the other Departmental Clearances ( for spacial project ) , another application (form 301) of RAJUK has to be submitted to concerned officer/ committee of RAJUK for approval along with the required fee.
The application requires the following data:
Name of applicant
Type of use of the proposed building
Details of proposed land with an area